When humans exhale they release carbon dioxide (CO2) into their surroundings making CO2 one of the most important attractants for mosquitoes. The addition of CO2 to Biogents’ traps enables you to catch a broad range of mosquitoes and other blood-sucking insects. The BG-Mosquitaire CO2 trap uses the same patented capture technology of the Biogents traps with the additional use of pure CO2 that is released from the specialized emitter nozzle designed to optimize the dispersal of carbon dioxide by using a CO2 tube that is equipped with sinter plugs to regulate the flow rate. Depending on the existing mosquito situation, you can choose between 2 different release rates: 8.3 grams/hour and 20.8 grams/hour. This allows the adaptation of the carbon dioxide emission tothe local and seasonal mosquito situation.
The Biogents CO2 Timer allows you to control when CO2 is released by establishing specific start and stop times. It enables you to set up two start and end times to release CO2 each day.
• Control the release of CO2 to coincide with times of mosquito activity
• Reduce the CO2 consumption up to 75%
• Extend the longevity of your CO2 bottle and decrease your costs
• One BG-CO2 Timer can manage several traps simultaneously
• It can be used with all existing traps and runs off of a 9V battery (a battery lasts up to 9 month)
• The BG-CO2 Timer is placed between the CO2 tank and the mosquito trap(s). Up to 5 traps can be connected to a single timer.
The above is a consumption table of CO2 comparing the two CO2 flow rates.
Our Eco traps do not require CO2 to attract:
• tiger mosquitoes such as Aedes aegypti, Aedes albopictus, and Aedes polynesiensis or
• various Culex species such as Culex quinquefasciatus or Culex pipiens.
With the addition of CO2 Biogents traps attracts:
• all mosquito species,
• other blood-sucking insects such as black flies (Simuliidae), stable flies (Stomoxys), bitingmidges (Ceratopogonidae), and new world sand flies (Phlebotominae) and
• an increased numbers of the species mentioned above (attracted without CO2).